I was really sick last week so I did not post any weekend update – but that did not stop me from requesting books or getting free books from Amazon (is there anything that can stop me?) and, as always, The Sunday Post at Caffeinated Reviewer and Stacking the Shelves at Tynga’s Reviews.
The sunny days are finally here, the trees are in bloom, the bees are doing their job and I am really really happy because this winter was long. So, let’s see what happened in my life for the past couple of weeks:
- I went to the theatre with my coworkers to see one of the most famous actors in our country – he is quite old, but really talkative. The play was nice, but it’s not my kind of theatre. It was funny though.
- Also went to the podcast launch event of a friend – it’s a sociology podcast and they had some guests to talk about the city and free tea. It was a lovely event! Here is a link to the podcast, but it’s in Romanian; I know I have Romanian readers too so give it a go!
- This week we had a lot of work to do and our mood is pretty down – but we took longer breaks and went for pizza and non-alcoholic beers. That was a nice change but I am ready for a vacation.
- Today was sunny and I went for a walk along the river with my hubby. We also had some lemonade outside, watched birds and fed crows. I am so ready for more days like this!
This Week on the Blog:
- State of the ARC #1 – yes, I finally joined the meme because I am out of control!
- Letter to April
- March Books Wrap-Up
Next Week on the Blog:
I have no idea. Let’s wait and see – I want to write some book reviews but I am still reading those books I want to talk about.
Before I share all the books, please remember that most of them I got a couple of weeks ago and I was quite sick – so I should not be held responsible!
Stacking the Shelves:
Some books I got from NetGalley – all of them last week. This week I only got Educated because there are so many awesome reviews of it!
And here are all the books I got from Amazon: all of them were free, except for Happily by Chauncey Rogers, which I got because of Evelina’s review and because I cannot say no to fairy-tale retellings.
I know I was a bit in a hurry with this Stacking the Shelves part, but I cannot believe how many books I hauled in just two weeks!
What books did you get this week? Is it finally Spring where you live?
Have a great week!