Hello, lovely humans, I do not recommend going out for drinks on a Tuesday if or when you are an adult with a full-time job that starts work at 8 am! But how was your week? As always, linked up with the lovely bloggers: The Sunday Post at Caffeinated Reviewer and Stacking the Shelves at Tynga’s Reviews.
So… what happened this week:
- On Tuesday I went out (spontaneously again) with some friends for just one drink, which was going to be coffee in my case (see picture above) but I ended up having a lot of beer and a shot. I had a fun time, but it was followed by a horrible night, not enough sleep and a terrible hangover. Do not drink and go to work the next day, kids!
- I watched Annihilation and I recommend it to all of you looking for fresh sci-fi film. It’s also really beautiful and available on Netflix.
- We had more snow this month than the entire winter season.
- I got excited for cooking and created a foodie instagram where I share meals that I create or my cooking failures! I might even do a blog post from time to time that revolves around my cooking adventures. This week I made pizza from scratch, grilled salted salmon and a delicious pasta recipe with leftovers from the fridge.
- Got a sweater that was on my wishlist since forever – since Winter is not going anyway, why not get it when it’s 50% off, right?
- And last, but not least, we finally saw the apartment!! I cannot contain my excitement, we started the work with the bank this week and when everything is sorted we will move. I have no furniture, guys! Nothing other than that desk!
This Week on the Blog:
Next Week on the Blog:
- Otaku Sunday #13
- Wednesday Reading Update
- March State of the ARC Meme – yes, I am finally joining because my ARCs are getting out of control!
- The Weekend Post #14
I might also start the cooking series I was talking about earlier. Would anyone be interested? I am asking because I am nice, but I post recipes from time to time anyway.
What a surprise, I have a book pictures and I also have some awesome links from around the blogosphere:
○ Fifteen #Diverse YA Contemporary Books Written by Diverse Female Authors on my Spring TBR @Flipping Through the Pages, because while I rarely read YA or contemporary, this list is still awesome and I might even add a book or two to my own TBR.
○ Jessica Jones 2 A Breath of Fresh Air @Greg’s Book Haven – I love Jessica Jones, have yet to watch season 2 but Greg’s review is awesome anyway!
○ How Do You Determine Blogging Success? @Novel Knight, an awesome discussion about what is success or how we define it and also how to set realistic and reasonable goals.
○ Why I Don’t Write Negative Reviews @Jenniely, another great discussion about negative reviews, their importance but how in the end it’s everyone’s choice if they write them or not.
○ [New Bloggers] A (Mostly?) Complete Goodreads Tutorial @Avalinah’s Books – this one is fresh out of the oven and full of awesome Goodreads tips! You all know I love Evelina’s #NewBloggers101 series and this post doesn’t disappoint either.
Stacking the Shelves:
This week I feel better about my haul because I decided that there’s no point in feeling guilty for free books from Amazon, right? But I also have some NetGalley books, hence why I am joining State of the ARC this month!
From NetGalley I only have three books, all three quite easy to read as we have: one graphic novel – The Ghost, the Owl by Franco, illusrated by Sara Richard, it looks really good and couldn’t resist the owl, one poetry books for middle grade – Ebb & Flow by Heather Smith, the cover is also gorgeous, and a book I am quite interested in since I do not know much about the Roma culture – Dictionary of Gypsy Mythology: Charms, Rites, and Magical Traditions of the Roma by Claude Lecouteux. I can’t believe I only got three books from NetGalley.
Free from Amazon I got two cookbooks – I always get the cookbooks that are free because I want to be a better cook! Vegetables! Simple and Easy Vegetable Crock Pot Recipes by Hannie P. Scott has such a lovely old-fashioned cover – I don’t have a crock pot yet, but after we move and finish furnishing the kitchen, I will get a crock pot! I also got Budget Dinner Cookbook: Affordable Recipes to Feed Your Family Any Night of the Week! by Olivia Rogers which has the ugliest cover for a cookbook ever! I almost did not get it because of that.
Other free books I got are Souldbound (Returns of the Elves #1) by Bethany Adams simply because it’s with elves, and Lady Fallows’ Secrets by Suzanne G. Rogers because historical romance – I am skeptical about it since it’s a full novel of 460 pages or so, and while I like historical romance I prefer it in the form of novellas, but maybe it will be fun, right? And the only book I purchased was for less than a dollar and it’s a classic – Little Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
I am quite happy with this week – except for that hangover day, although drinking with friends was fun (I should just hydrate myself more to avoid hangovers). I hope your week was just as good or better!
Would you be interested in a series focusing on my cooking adventures (including failures)? And what interesting books did you get this week?